Re: [opensuse-support] Incorrect date handling in Libre Office calc
  • From: Axel Braun <docb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:01:27 +0100
Am Montag, 21. Januar 2019, 14:35:45 CET schrieb Carlos E. R.:
Also, I have a column of dates that were entered as text by the
originator of the page (XLS format):

Problem of proprietary format.....

<snip>

I have to copy paste to another calc sheet, without format, meaning it
takes the format of the destination cells; then some of the cells on
edit show a preceding «'» meaning they are text. Then I can search and
replace a second time.

<'> is indeed the symbol that marks text in the cell. So deleting this would
be the first thing to do. Then mark the column, right mouse -> format cell and
chose the appearance of the date format.

Default date format itself is AFAIK driven by locale, e.g. 01/08/2019 (US
Format) or 08.01.2019 (Europe).

HTH
Axel