Re: [opensuse-support] open ecard
Am 19.01.19 um 08:46 schrieb Hendrik Woltersdorf:
Am 18.01.19 um 23:49 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Hi,

has anyone got open ecard (supporting German ID) running on openSUSE
(Leap 15.0 in my case)?
https://www.openecard.org/startseite/

The Java application is simply telling me that it cannot start the
application context and suggests that my smart card service is not running.
Interestingly my HBCI chipcard works flawlessly and my card reader
service is actually started.

Any hints?

I'm using it successfully.
I need to start the pcscd.service manually because I deactivated the
automatic start on purpose (interferes with VMs).

I have it running all the time since I'm using the cardreader for
banking stuff.

The problems I had in the past were caused by a buggy driver for my card
reader (a Reiner SCT). Getting a newer version from the
security:chipcard repository resolved my them.

Interesting. I have a Reiner SCT RFID standard reader and the latest
available driver (3.99.5final.SP12-lp150.84.1). Will try pcscd in debug
mode to see if the Java app does anything with it before it breaks.

Just found that there is SP13 available for the cyberjack driver. Going
to package that anyway.

Wolfgang