Re: [opensuse-support] ImageWriter
On 16/01/2019 18.30, mike wrote:

        Trying to write an iso to a usb drive. Starting Imagewriter, usb
drive shows for selection of drive

to write to.  Clicking on the correct ISO file imagewriter responds
with- Sorry I can't write this iso. You need to

use another program to write it to a DVD.

    OK so what the..........I selected the USB drive....bug ?

    Tumbleweed with latest updates.

Suspicion: did the USB stick already had another ISO image written on it
(even an incomplete one)?

In that case, a quick check of the USB *may* say "this is a DVD". It
would happen with the old openSUSE images, we had to erase the first few
sectors first.

Yes, this would be a bug in Imagewriter.

(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)