Re: [opensuse-support] ImageWriter
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:43:05 +0100
Op donderdag 17 januari 2019 17:38:48 CET schreef Axel Braun:
Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2019, 17:12:35 CET schrieb mike:
On 1/17/19 3:06 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2019, 01:34:00 CET schrieb mike:
Regarding Imagewriter, I'm not sure, but I think I remember that it
toastet
ISO images to USB sticks. Will test tomorrow

thanks....

So...I used imagewriter 1.1.0 on a fully patched Leap 15, and wrote Leap
15
NET ISO image onto a 8GB stick. Worked like a charm.

congrats....well I'm on tumbleweed

No issues either. Found a 13.2 KDE Live ISO on my laptop running
TW....imagewriter 1.10 brought it onto the 8GB stick

PS: Obviously my assumption, that the ISO Format should not care what is
inside the ISO, is wrong. Found a Win7SP1_pro ISO and tried to toast this -
does not work! So you should file a bug against Imagewriter!

Cheers
Axel
Tested here too with Tumbleweed and Leap ISO's and working fine. But in the
past I've had USB sticks that needed wiping their partition table with dd
before imagewriter could write a new image properly. Replace X with the device
letter of your USB stick
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=1M count=100

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member