Re: [opensuse-support] ImageWriter

On 1/16/19 4:56 PM, Axel Braun wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019, 19:06:15 CET schrieb Liam Proven:
On 16/01/2019 18:51, mike wrote:
Well no and the reason is that it is a windows 10 iso and I
tried like 20 minutes chatting with microsoft
FWIW I have found that it is best to use a Windows tool to write Win10
ISOs. I normally use Rufus. Several of my regular image-writing tools
for Linux failed to make bootable media: Unetbootin, plain ``dd'' e
I dont think an ISO cares what content it has...k3b works as last resort to
burn ISO to DVD. For Windows-Images as well.

        I thought that too, that's why I was wondering why I was having problems.

        I ended up using Rufus on a windows laptop.  That appears to have worked..

Regarding Imagewriter, I'm not sure, but I think I remember that it toastet
ISO images to USB sticks. Will test tomorrow
        thanks....

Cheers
Axel