Re: [opensuse-support] ImageWriter
  • From: Maximilian Trummer <maximilian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 00:08:40 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019, 18:30:27 CET schrieb mike:
Trying to write an iso to a usb drive. Starting Imagewriter,
usb drive shows for selection of drive

to write to. Clicking on the correct ISO file imagewriter responds
with- Sorry I can't write this iso. You need to

use another program to write it to a DVD.

OK so what the..........I selected the USB drive....bug ?

Tumbleweed with latest updates.

mike

I had this same problem with System Rescue CD a while ago, on their website
they recommend to modify the iso with 'isohybrid' first[1].

After I did this, I could write System Rescue CD to a USB drive with the SUSE
Studio Image Writer. Maybe it will work for you as well.

[1]
http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/Installing-SystemRescueCd-on-a-USB-stick/