Re: [opensuse-support] After upgrading to 15.0, I find rpmsave files identical to the original
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:49:28 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

If the new configuration file is the same as the old one, it is absurd to
create the .rpmsave, and wastes admin time. I thought the check was automatic.

Bug?

Not really sure, but I had the feeling that this kind of things *can* happen
when you skip updates, i.e., only dup once in a while, and there had been
several updates for a package in the meantime.