[opensuse-support] Re: After upgrade to 15.0, restore from hibernation crashes the machine.
On 13/01/2019 08.14, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
12.01.2019 23:29, Carlos E. R. пишет:
On 12/01/2019 10.49, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 11/01/2019 19.45, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 11/01/2019 19.24, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
11.01.2019 13:50, Carlos E. R. пишет:

Try setting mode to "shutdown". See "man systemd-sleep.conf"

HibernateMode=shutdown

You can see possible modes in /sys/power/disk

Apparently, I have no "sleep.conf" file.

cer@Telcontar:~> cat /sys/power/disk
[platform] shutdown reboot suspend test_resume
cer@Telcontar:~>

Will test change.

It worked - thank you :-)

And this afternoon it crashed again :-(

Well, at this point you have choice between trying to debug it yourself
or simply submitting bug report. Some debugging hints are here:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt

Testing current kernel from Kernel:stable or Kernel:HEAD is of course
always recommended before making bug report (that it what you will be
asked most likely anyway).

I'll try new kernel first, yes. Well, before I'll try to hibernate more
times and see. Maybe hibernate in text mode.

Yes, once I tried to debug hibernate. I inserted lines in the kernel
code to output text and find out the crash point. Not something that
makes me enthusiastic.

(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >