[opensuse-support] Re: LibreOffice cannot be started by normal user but no problem by root
  • From: H Zeng <zhx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 00:36:47 +0800
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 10:32:05 PM HKT you wrote:
Hi there,

I had posted a startup problem with LibreOffice recently. But mistakenly, I
had posted it in a hijacking way. Thanks to Carlos for pointing out this and
providing me some ideas along with other people. So I start a new thread
because I need further help on this issue and here are something new I
found on my problem. And the direction to solve the problem seems changed.

For reference, following is the links to the posts in the hijacked thread:
[1] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-support/2018-12/msg00055.html
[2] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-support/2018-12/msg00065.html

First of all, I can confirm that the issue is not with Java. I fired up a
VirtualBox and installed openSUSE Tumbleweed in it with almost all settings
as default. LibreOffice runs smoothly without further setup, just like my
current system.

Here are something new,
1. LibreOffice does not run in a newly created account in my system. The
error messages are the same.
2. I have already tried to remove LibreOffice and reinstall all related
packages and this does not help.
3. It seems that LibreOffice can run by root,
```bash
cnzhx@ostp:/home/cnzhx> libreoffice --version
'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
```
```bash
cnzhx@ostp:/home/cnzhx> sudo libreoffice --version
LibreOffice 6.1.3.2 10(Build:2)
```

Then, the question is that how could I make LO also works by normal user.

I have no clue where to start trying. Any suggestions are welcome!

It's weird that I got maybe the same problem again. And this time it happened
when I was updating my system to snapshot 20190108. After several minutes' not
responding and blinking "CapsLock" key (it has a LED indicator), the laptop
restarted itself and enterred directly into rescue mode. At lease, the root
partition, which was BtrFS, was reported not mountable because of "bad
superblock". This is the same as last time.

Of course, I have no clue on how to rescue it. So I reinstalled again but this
time I used EXT4 for the root partition. Let's see where it goes.

Regards,
ZHX