Re: [opensuse-support] Tumbleweed - unable to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display to Lenovo Thinkpad P52
On 10/01/2019 14:27, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Aaargh, apparently I'd rather Google than look at the back of the
monitor ...

By the looks of it I'll stop putting more time into this and try and
obtain a different monitor :-)

(?)

Had you not noticed that it had Thunderbolt ports, too? :-)

They are bidirectional. You can attach it to a Macbook Pro via the
built-in cable, then attach other Thunderbold peripherals, including
daisychaining more Thunderbolt displays, to the monitor...

Or, you can attach the monitor to a computer via a Thunderbolt cable,
and then use the other ports (Thunderbolt, Ethernet, USB, Firewire) from
that computer. E.g. my Retina iMac doesn't have onboard Firewire, but I
can use the port on the Thunderbolt display and it works fine.

So long as I'm using an add-on cable and not the built-in one.

The only thing is that they're quite expensive -- circa €30-€40.