Re: [opensuse-support] Tumbleweed - unable to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display to Lenovo Thinkpad P52
On 09/01/2019 11:48, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Any ideas on how to debug or fix this would be appreciated.

2 suggestions: one fairly easy, one less so.

I have an Apple 27" Thunderbolt display on my Retina iMac. I have to use
a separate external Thunderbolt cable, *not* the built-in one.

The built-in captive cable works, but then the auxiliary ports on the
back of the screen do not and both adaptive brightness control and
direct control via System Preferences fail.

So, try a different cable.

I know it's not very helpful, but I'd try with a different OS, e.g. Windows.

I have failed to get my device working with another non-Apple computer,
and Googling for why suggested it probably won't work with anything else.