[opensuse-support] Network watchdog
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 11:36:04 +0100

Hi List,

Last november, my remote home server went offline. When I finally could
access it physically, the machine was all fine, just the connection to the
outside world had been dead. A simple 'systemctl restart network' did bring
it back (it's a wicked-managed dhcp connection).

Now I wonder if there is some daemon existing that regularly checks if the
outside connection is properly working and, if not, restarts the network.
I'd have expected systemctl to do something like that. Or is it so simple
that I should just write a cron script that does this?

The system is 42.3