Re: [opensuse-support] Libreoffice not start in a newly installed openSUSE Tumbleweed with old user directory
On 24/12/2018 14.48, H Zeng wrote:
On Monday, 24 December 2018 20:39:44 HKT Carlos E. R. wrote:

Another resource is
to use strace to try find what the program is doing when it crashes,
there is not enough information.
Yes, I will try this but it has to be after I learn how to do it :-( I will
report back once I get any new information.

Create some temporary directory, change to it, then run:

strace -ff -t -o somefilename loffice

Another variation is "ltrace". No -ff, but -f.

strace - trace system calls and signals
ltrace - A library call tracer

At this moment I don't know which is best for the job. I'm not an expert
on interpreting the resulting traces, but I get an idea of what the
analyzed program is doing and sometimes it is obvious why it crashes.

Just a check. You are using "zypper dup" for the TW updates, not zypper
up or yast?
I forgot to mention that the issue happened right after I reinstalled the
system with snapshot 20181214. I hoped the upgrade would solve the issue but
it did not. But yes, I always use "zypper dup" for the updating.

Ah, you already had the issue before?
Then create a new user and try with "him".