Re: [opensuse-support] Libreoffice not start in a newly installed openSUSE Tumbleweed with old user directory
  • From: H Zeng <zhx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 20:25:05 +0800
On Friday, 21 December 2018 10:02:10 HKT Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 21/12/2018 02.11, H Zeng wrote:
Hello,

I reinstalled my openSUSE Tumbleweed w/ KDE Plasma because my root
partition failed. After the reinstallation, Libreoffice does not start.
If trying to start it from command line, complaints are like these,
```bash
cnzhx@ostp:/home/cnzhx> libreoffice --safe-mode
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
Warning: failed to read path from javaldx
'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'

And... is java installed?

Anyway, what you did is called "thread hijacking".

You hit reply on a message to this list dated 2018-12-09, Re: "Leap 15
Packman VLC - no drag'n'drop?", changed the subject and erased the
contents, to post your question. But to many of us it appears hidden as
a reply to that VLC question.

You can see your post here, in the archive - last post of the thread:

<https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-support/2018-12/msg00020.html>

Next time, please do not use "reply" to start a new thread, it is confusing.

Thank you, Carlos for the heads up and sorry to everyone in this list for my
mistake.

I have no idea why the last message became a "reply" to an old thread. I
definitely used the "New Message" button in Kmail to start the writing. And I
have been very confused by the fact that I cannot find the message I sent in
my Inbox. I recall that every new message comes up in my own Inbox right after
I send it. Anyway, I will try to do better on the mailing list thereafter.

And I do not know you have replied because I have not seen your reply until I
use find in my mailbox. I saw a reply coming from Bruno just now. But after a
while when I ready to read it, I cannot see it. So I search for it. At that
moment, I realised that I have hijacked a thread.

Then, should I start a new thread from now on on this topic? I asked because I
received two replies on this topic in this thread.

--

Best regards,
ZHX