[opensuse-support] latest snapshot - distorted screen on DELL XPS 13 9370
  • From: mh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Hirmke)
  • Date: 20 Dec 2018 10:57:00 +0100
Hi *,

my DELL XPS 13 9370 has a builtin Intel UHD Graphics 620 chip.
After installing the latest Tumbleweed snapshot yesterday I get a
completely distorted screen in KDE after login from sddm.
The problem only occurs, when using xf86-video-intel, using the
modesetting driver everything looks as expected.

Two questions:

1. The latest snapshot updated libvulkan_intel-18.1.7 to
libvulkan_intel-18.3.1. Can this be the culprit?
2. What in general is the best X11 driver for the 620 chip at the moment
- intel or modesetting? And why?

Thx!

Bye.
Michael.