Re: [opensuse-support] fwupd problems on DELL XPS 13
  • From: mh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Hirmke)
  • Date: 17 Dec 2018 21:32:00 +0100
Hi Andrei,

17.12.2018 19:38, Axel Braun ?????:
Am Montag, 17. Dezember 2018, 16:16:00 CET schrieb Michael Hirmke:
I got a new DELL XPS 13 9370 up and running with openSUE Tumbleweed.
Because of problems with the Atheros wifi device I want to update the
BIOS.

Does Dell offer BIOS updates as ISO/Raw image, based on freedos or similar?

Latitude E5450 supports direct BIOS update using EXE (downloaded from
Dell support site) from within EFI boot menu. Just copy file anywhere it
can be accessed by firmware (ESP is the most obvious place, could also
be USB stick) and select file.

This way I updated the firmware in the meantime.
But I'd like to find out how fwupd works.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke