Re: [opensuse-support] Re: fwupd problems on DELL XPS 13
17.12.2018 19:00, Michael Hirmke пишет:
Hi again,

should have mentioned, that secureboot is active!

Have your tried to disable it for FW update?

Hi *,

I got a new DELL XPS 13 9370 up and running with openSUE Tumbleweed.
Because of problems with the Atheros wifi device I want to update the
BIOS.

Running "fwupdmgr get-devices" gives
"/usr/lib/fwupd/efi/fwupdx64.efi.signed cannot be found", though.

Open bug report. fwupd expects file with name fwupdx64.efi.signed when
secure boot is enabled, while fwupdate (which builds fwupdx64.efi)
openSUSE build signs main binary fwupdx64.efi using OBS toolkit.

Could you test

ln -s fwupdx64.efi fwupdx64.efi.signed

with SB enabled? That sounds like the simplest fix.

The same messages occurs when restarting the fwupd daemon.

Running the update with "fwupdmgr refresh" and "fwupdmgr update" gives:

No upgrades for XPS 13 9370 Thunderbolt Controller, current is 33.00:
33.00=same, 28.00=older
ignoring XPS 13 9370 System Firmware
[8a21cacfb0a8d2b30c5ee9290eb71db021619f8b] as not updatable

Are you sure there are updates for your system in the first place? I
have Latitude E5450 and although it is recognized by fwupd, it does not
show any available updates.