Re: [opensuse-support] Leap 15 Packman VLC - no drag'n'drop?
On 2018-12-09 08:52 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* hadron <strange.charmed.antiquark@xxxxxxxxx> [12-09-18 21:26]:
On 2018-12-09 10:41 AM, Michael Fischer wrote:
Leap 15
VLC 3.0.2-lp150.3.5 from Packman
(what else might be helpful?)

Open File, select file with mouse, drag to Playlist window does not work.

Open File, double click file, or select file with mouse and click the Open
button works.

Rather annoying when one wants to set up a playlist *before* playing
anything.

Anyone else have this problem? Solutions?

Googling found a bunch of similar complaints, but from 7-8 years ago,
generally solved
by removing configs. I tried same by going into ~/.config/vlc and renaming
files there, but to no effect.

FWIW, I saw some things about problems with 'remote' files, e.g. over NFS.
This is not applicable to my setup; all files are on local disks.

TIA.

Michael
Everything's working fine here --
drag and drop from Dolphin simply adds to the playlist
Media->open file in VLC adds the media and starts playback.
you missed it as I did. OP wants drag from vlc -> media -> open file
menu to drop on play-list to effect an "add to play-list".
doesn't work for me either.

Well, there is Media -> Open multiple files

where you can add files from all over the planet, as well as -> Open
directory