Re: [opensuse-support] Leap 15 Packman VLC - no drag'n'drop?
On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 12:38:14 -0500
Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 09, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx> [12-09-18 11:42]:

Leap 15
VLC 3.0.2-lp150.3.5 from Packman
(what else might be helpful?)

Open File, select file with mouse, drag to Playlist window does
not work.

works for me on tw

Works for me on Leap 15.0 dragging from Thunar file manager.

why not just select "open with -> vlc"

Not opening from e.g. dolphin, "Open File" in the above is within VLC.
Perhaps I should have been clearer: Media->Open File->...

Ah, doesn't work for me either. I'm not sure why it should?

Open File, double click file, or select file with mouse and click
the Open button works.

Rather annoying when one wants to set up a playlist *before*
playing anything.

dragging files to play-list just adds them to play-list

This is the behavior I am missing.

But is it an expected behaviour?
Why not just drag from a file manager if you want drag-and-drop?

I get the same actions with files locally or nfs or cifs or sshfs
vlc-3.0.4-4.13.x86_64 from packman

`zypper se -s vlc` on Leap 15 is showing me

vlc 3.0.2-lp150.3.5
vlc-beta 4.0.0.20181130.a7eed838d4-lp150.1.1

No vlc-3.0.4-4.13.x86_64 here.

Correct, 3.0.2 is the version available from packman for Leap 15.0. Any
other version must be for some different opensuse version.

Thanks.

Michael