Re: [opensuse-support] TW fails compatibility with amdgpu graphics driver
George from the tribe composed on 2018-12-05 11:05 (UTC-0600):

I think there may be some compatibility issues within the new kernel and
my hardware, perhaps? In any case, how can I get back into my system?

Boot a prior 4.18 kernel. If you don't still have one, use:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/SUSE/Factory/kernel-default-4.18.15-1.2.x86_64.rpm

Maybe the modesetting driver will work for you. To find out, uninstall
xf86-video-amdgpu and
restart the server, or reboot. Like amdgpu, the modesetting requires KMS
enabled, so nomodeset
must not be on cmdline. Alternatively, assuming /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not
exist or conflict,
use /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-device.conf to specify modesetting:

Section "Device"
Identifier "DefaultDevice"
Driver "modesetting"
EndSection

Can I even reach runlevel 3 with network compatibility so that I could
try and upgrade or downgrade my kernel while running in nomodeset?

There may be a kernel cmdline option to make the 4.19 kernel suitable for your
460, amdgpu.dc=0
or amdgpu.pm=0 or some other. malcolmlewis on the forums may be able to point
you directly to an
appropriate one.

Do I need to file a bug report?

Search BOO. I did. It found 20 open amdgpu bugs. There may already be one that
applies to you.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/