Re: [opensuse-support] updatedb now fails for regular user with local db
On 28/11/2018 12.44, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

If "rcapparmor reload" doesn't help, please paste the output of the
following commands:

grep -r /usr/bin/updatedb /etc/apparmor.d/
grep -r /usr/bin/locate /etc/apparmor.d/
grep -r /home/rsil/Downloads/rsildb /etc/apparmor.d/

(My guess is that you might have a backup copy of the original profile,
which gets loaded after the updated profile and replaces it.)

which backup file extensions, if any, get ignored?

I have:

/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.updatedb~
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.updatedb

If the backups are not ignored, then we must remember to delete them
manually. I didn't know about that.