Re: [opensuse-support] updatedb now fails for regular user with local db
  • From: Ralph <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 09:00:33 -0600
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 12:56:39 +0100
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Exactly, aa-logprof will help to update the profile easily.

I didn't understand the options in aa-logprof so I followed your manual
instructions:

That said, you can also update the profiles manually:

In /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.locate, add
/home/rsil/Downloads/rsildb r,

In /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.updatedb, add
/home/rsil/Downloads/rsildb rwk,
/home/rsil/Downloads/rsildb.?????? rw,

Then run rcapparmor reload and everything should work as expected.

This didn't work. The messages are now gone from aa-logprof, but
running:

"updatedb -l 0 -o /home/rsil/Downloads/rsildb -U /home/rsil"

...still gives me the message:

"updatedb: can not open a temporary file for
`/home/rsil/Downloads/rsildb'"

I checked my entries for any typos but all is good there...?

Ralph