Re: [opensuse-support] updatedb now fails for regular user with local db
On 2018-11-25 06:48 PM, Ralph wrote:
[os Leap 15, xfce]

I have a private mlocate database in my /home. Since a few days ago
attempting to update the db now fails for a command such as:

"updatedb -l 0 -o /home/rsil/Downloads/rsildb -U /home/rsil"

Message is: "updatedb: can not open a temporary file for
`/home/rsil/Downloads/rsildb"

There was an update to mlocate on 17 Nov, perhaps the culprit, or not.
Whatever. How do I get back the ability to update my own database?

Thanks.

Ralph
You can revert to the previous version in Yast/Software Management.
Also you might want to mark it as "protected" (right click, select
"Protected - Do Not Modify" in the popup) until the next update comes along.