Re: [opensuse-support] nVidia support
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 12:26:59 +0000
Liam Proven wrote:
I am trying to install the proprietary drivers for an nVidia Quadro K620.

Is there anything I should know or do?

I have tried by this method:

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers

I have 2 installations on the machine, side by side. Tumbleweed and Leap
15. Both are new, clean installations.

With both, I get the same symptoms. After installation, when I reboot, I
get a 1024*768 desktop on the primary monitor only.

Have you checked /var/log/Xorg.0.log? That could/should give you an idea why
the driver is not loaded properly. Do you have the right one for your card?

I never used xorg.conf or nvidia-xconfig, neither on my Leap 42.3 here nor on
my TW machine at my other home (but I have no access to that one ATM).