Re: [opensuse-support] nVidia support
* Liam Proven <lproven@xxxxxxx> [11-21-18 11:51]:
On 21/11/2018 16:35, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
guessing but had similar. neuveau needs to be blacklisted for the nvidia
drivers to work.

Aha. So the page that says "nVidia the hard way" is in fact the *only*
way? :-(

I cannot and did not say that. I have only used "the hard way".

OK, I've checked. It's blacklisted.

I have:
grep -i nouveau /etc/modprobe.d/*
/etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist-nouveau.conf:blacklist nouveau
/etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-installer-disable-nouveau.conf:blacklist nouveau
/etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-installer-disable-nouveau.conf:options nouveau
modeset=0

I've tried with and without ``nomodeset''. No difference.

I install the ..run file and needed to boot with
nomodeset kernel param in order to install nvidia drivers.

Do you think that is worth trying?

works for me. I cannot advise with the rpm, haven't used it.

you also have a setting for the video in "yast bootloader".

(?)

you need to look:
"Kernel Parameters"
"Use graphical console"