[opensuse-support] nVidia support
I am trying to install the proprietary drivers for an nVidia Quadro K620.

Is there anything I should know or do?

I have tried by this method:

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers

I have 2 installations on the machine, side by side. Tumbleweed and Leap
15. Both are new, clean installations.

With both, I get the same symptoms. After installation, when I reboot, I
get a 1024*768 desktop on the primary monitor only. I cannot run
``nvidia-settings'' because it says there's no xorg.conf file and I am
to run ``nvidia-xconfig'' as root to create one.

I do this and reboot.

Result, blank screens, flashing text cursor, nothing else.

Both distros behave identically. Both were fully updated prior to trying
this.

If I use Alt-F1 to switch to vconsole 0, I can log in, remove the nvidia
packages, rename /etc/X11/xorg.conf to *.old or whatever, reboot, and
nouveau works again, on both monitors.