Re: [opensuse-support] Google Earth requires unavailable mesa-libGLU
* Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-20-18 17:19]:
Patrick Shanahan composed on 2018-11-20 17:01 (UTC-0500):

* Felix Miata [11-20-18 16:31]:

https://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Google_Earth&action=history shows
GE OS wiki page last
touched 23 months ago. Nothing on the page says anything about $SUBJECT.

Is mesa-libGLU maybe hiding in (uninstalled) libGLESv1_CM1 or libGLESv2-2
or some other
Mesa-lib* package? Mesa-libGL1 and Mesa-libglapi0 are installed.

I wrote on https://en.opensuse.org/Talk:Google_Earth my experience trying
to install GE on 15.0,
both from repo dl-google.com and the Fedora/SUSE rpm downloaded from
Google.

https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/adra/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/noarch/mesa-libGLU-0.0.1-2.2.noarch.rpm

[home_adra]
name=adra's Home Project (openSUSE_Tumbleweed)
type=rpm-md
baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/adra/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/adra/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/repodata/repomd.xml.key
enabled=1

software.opensuse.org/search mesa-libGLU

That's a home repo, which our openSUSE management fleet is constantly
advising against using. Is
that advice void for those who use repos other than those on
download.opensuse.org?

you are on your own by using it, but it is an rpm and you can remove it.
for singles such as this, I dl and place into a local repo, run createrepo
and install from there.

fwiw: the current google-earth-pro-stable is very unstable in my tests and
is 32-bit. I don't have google-chrome installed. it works on my phone
and I seldom reference it so I don't worry about it.

and the patch to use qt libs is for an older version of ge,
7.1.4.1529-20.23 vs 7.3.2.5495-0

you can run google-earth within chrome, iiuc.