Re: [opensuse-support] wget works on CLI but not in cronjob
10.11.2018 13:14, Bob Williams пишет:
I have a bash script to download the files from a remote website, which
contains the following line:

wget -r -l 8 -nH -nv --user=user --password=password
ftp://web5.pipeten.co.uk/some_folder -o /home/bob/logs/wget-log

When I run the script from the command line, it works perfectly. When I run
it from my crontab it doesn't because DNS lookup on web5.pipeten.co.uk fails.

How do you know it? If you have mail with error from cron, post it.

30 8 * * 6 bash /home/bob/bin/bb_backup.sh

What have I missed?