Re: [opensuse-support] SOLVED: lost hplip printing
On 15/10/2018 23.37, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <> [10-15-18 16:35]:
On 15/10/2018 22.10, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <> [10-15-18 15:45]>> On Monday, 2018-10-15 at 15:08 -0400,
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

I meant using the printer panel itself, not the computer.

yes, using the printer panel. changed from static ..12 to automatic ..75.

still could not ping 192.168.1.75, nor access with browser or with
hp-setup.

You should also be able to browse to http://192.168.1.12 in firefox or
similar.

cannot ping and cannot browse http://192.168.1.12 nor 192.168.1.75

Next, try ping to the printer.

believe I said that. can from several windows 10 boxes but cannot from
any linux box.

and still cannot after repowering.

Well, you have a network issue. You could try then a traceroute.
Try also to reboot the WiFi access point and/or router.

will try rebooting the router but windows boxes can ping and browse and
print to 192.168.1.12.

Yeah, I know.

connect cat5 and suddenly can ping and browser and hp-setup. disconnected
cable after set up, hplip shows printer and "device communication error".

rebooting router, will report back.
disconnected cable

ok, network starting, waiting for wireless

ahhh, can ping from wired machine, and others

that's dumb, stupid, ignorant and fscked up!

why would a linux based router allow windows access and deny linux
systems?

I assume a cheap router, like mine. Well, they are crap... mine hangs
now and then, has to be power cycled. A pain for remote access, I have a
power strip that can power cycle the router controlled from another machine.

Why it affected Linux hosts and not Windows hosts is a mystery. Maybe
because they only tested with Windows hosts.

Sometimes my phone says no wifi, or that the wifi has no internet. The
other day Windows said that. Reboot the WiFi access point, and back to
normal. Go figure.

now setup completes and printing is working.

tks,

Welcome :-)