Re: [opensuse-support] reboot and shutdown not completing
  • From: Maximilian Trummer <maximilian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 21:06:05 +0200
I just rebooted my Ryzen PC after upgrading to Tumbleweed 20181004 that brings
Linux 4.18.11 and it was way faster than before, as you would expect from this
machine and like on Windows. About 8 seconds (counted in my head so probably a
little off) from hitting Enter after typing the disk password the second time
to SDDM.
Shutdown is also blazing fast now. Can you confirm this on your machine as
well?

AFAIK this fix was planned for Linux 4.19, and I could't find anything related
to this in the snapshot changelog for 20181004. Did openSUSE kernel
maintainers backport this fix?

regards