Re: [opensuse-support] Tumbleweed : Console Large Font
On 02/10/2018 18:53, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 01/10/2018 17.12, Felix Miata wrote:
ellanios82 composed on 2018-10-01 16:02 (UTC+0300):

 on kind suggestion of Greg , have been using
iso01-12×22.psfu.gz
 - any ideas please : where to download a Larger Font ?
Is this question being asked because you are using a 4K or other HiDPI screen?
Lowering the screen resolution on the vttys (only) is a convenient way to
enlarge the fonts, what I've been doing for two decades. Standard font on a 4K
screen is 1/4 the size of the same font on a 1920x1080 screen. video=1440x900 on
the kernel cmdline is my typical choice to get nice size vtty fonts. You can use
the e key at the Grub menu to test different resolutions before configuring
permanently via YaST or /etc/default/grub.
Maybe changing the font can be done without rebooting the system? Just
asking, I don't know this instant how to change the VT font.

- Herbert Graeber kindly suggested :

"There are a collection of console fonts in different sizes and styles in package terminus-bitmap-fonts. I use "ter-132n.psfu", for example"

 for me :

setfont /usr/share/kbd/consolefonts/ter-132n.psfu

 - works a charm : just what i needed

 - Again , "Thank you Herbert Graeber"

 regards