Re: [opensuse-support] wifi and eth wicked same network should fallback - bond?
On 30/09/2018 15.34, Simon Becherer wrote:
Hi,

i try the whole day to get a laptop tumbleweed kde, xwindows, wicked
running with wifi and cable lan, static ipv4 only.
network is 192.168.0.x
cable: enp3s0 should be 192.168.0.23
wifi: wlp2s0 should be 192.168.0.43 (driver is iwlwifi)

most of time this laptop is connected to the eth0
sometimes if it is not connected, it should use wifi
to go into the same network (and to go only in this network).

so i decided to configure both networks inside yast

i get it running with cable, and i get it running with
wifi, BUT if i activate both together inside yast,
it will mess up.
the reason seems to be the routing.
if i do NOT assign enp3s0 or wlp2s0 "-" inside yast,
ip ro
will show no routing at all.
if insert one of them, it will partly work as long as this
connection is ok.

i tried to add a second routing with:

ip route delete default
ip route add default via 192.168.0.99 metric 101 dev wlp2s0
ip route add default via 192.168.0.99 metric 102 dev enp3s0

but still the same problem.

then i was thinking try to bond both networkadapters together:
in yast i made a bond0

Nononono. It can not be that complicated. :-)

NM is easier for laptops.

I have it working with Network Manager and it is trivial. I did not need
to configure routing at all. Everything on DHCP - if you want fixed IPs,
just take a note of gateway and routing, and use the same on your manual
config: only the IP changes.

I have eth0 where I am now, but my routing this instant is:

Legolas:~ # route
Kernel IP routing table
default 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 600 0 0 wlan1
192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 600 0 0 wlan1
Legolas:~ #

At least in my case the gateway is the same in both connections. When
both are up, the metric is different.

Things get complicated if you want both interfaces to have the same IP.

(from openSUSE 15.0 (Legolas))

< Previous Next >
List Navigation