Re: [opensuse-support] Folding@Home

On 9/20/18 9:35 AM, Mischa Salle wrote:
The RPM is built for (probably) CentOS6, not for (Open)SUSE. RH has a
different naming scheme, and a libssl.so.10 is therefore (most
probably) coming from an OpenSSL 1.0.1.
Unfortunately it seems they have close-sourced the client, at least
the referenced https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-client.git is no
longer open, so following the build instructions from the README.md in
the binary fahclient RPM also is no option.

        Yes Misha I see a lot of solutions for other distros...many suggest compat-libopenssl10

    to get the necessary softlinks to get FAHClient running, but I can't seem to find this in the

    opensuse repositories.  Does anyone know where this could be found ??

                        Thanks in advance......mike