Re: [opensuse-support] KDE Plasma on Wayland with openSUSE Tumbleweed
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 16:45:43 +0200
Op maandag 17 september 2018 08:44:20 CEST schreef H Zeng:
Hello,

I just upgraded my Tumbleweed to the lastest 0915 snapshot and tried the
Plasma (wayland) but failed to enter the desktop. After select wayland
session and input my password to login, the screen turns black (seems no
backlight?) and the system does not repond to keystrokes. I have to press
the power button to poweroff the system.

I am using an (integrated ?) Intel GPU with Mesa driver.

Does anyone know what's going on? I thought Wayland is stable for at least a
try now, did it?

It is quite stable on GNOME, not yet on KDE. IMO not even for a try. I loose
my virtual desktop, suffer from ~30 secs freezes that appear randomly with
nothing in the logs...

Best regards,
ZHX

--