Re: [opensuse-support] Prevent system unresponsive state on huge memory consumption
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 11:32:44 +0300
середа, 12 вересня 2018 р. 18:42:25 EEST Carlos E. R. написано:
Not all processes, just those that run on /that/ terminal.
Yes, sure, all — when it's set in /etc/profile[.d], cause it usually
unexpected. Well, I haven't expected that xmldiff will consume more than 20GiB
of RAM+swap. And similar happened to me with LibreOffice. So I'd prefer to make
user-wide and add some known memory eaters (like games, IDE's) to white list.

Not that I know.
Pity. Maybe someone do? If that could be done using some system calls, just
guide me, I'll try to make program for that.

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky