Re: [opensuse-support] Booting without /home partition
  • From: Axel Braun <docb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 18:46:43 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2018, 18:34:39 CEST schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 12/09/2018 12.26, Axel Braun wrote:
Hi,

I want to switch the disk with /home partition to a larger disk. The
system
itself is on a different disk.
Unfortunately, when removing the disk with /home partition, booting fails
and runs into a maintenance console.
Is there any parameter I can pass at boot time to tell the system to come
up 'as usual' and ignore the missing /home partition?

Just comment out the /home line in /etc/fstab file. You will have to add
a new line for the new disk, anyway.

Sure.

Thanks Carlos and Patrick, did so in emergency mode, that worked fine

Best,
Axel