Re: [opensuse-support] Booting without /home partition
  • From: Axel Braun <docb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 18:44:26 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2018, 18:40:59 CEST schrieb Knurpht-openSUSE:
Op woensdag 12 september 2018 18:26:51 CEST schreef Axel Braun:
Hi,

I want to switch the disk with /home partition to a larger disk. The
system
itself is on a different disk.
Unfortunately, when removing the disk with /home partition, booting fails
and runs into a maintenance console.
Is there any parameter I can pass at boot time to tell the system to come
up 'as usual' and ignore the missing /home partition?

Thanks
Axel

I'd first mount the new spot on /mnt, then copy -a /home/* to /mnt, then
change the mountpoint of the new partition to /home and reboot. Done that,
been there, got the T-shirt *and* the Geeko :)

Thats what I wanted to do, but no free power connectors left for two
disks.....

Cheers
Axel