Re: [opensuse-support] samba password fail after upgrade
Hi,

So, I upgraded to tumbleweed and now my samba password fails every time even
after I remove me as user, add me back with new password or even with no
password.

what do you mean:
samba_user or opensuse_user?
you should do as root:
smbpasswd -a [user]
then enter password.
its a good idea if this user (before doing this)
also exists as opensuse user. (use same password will maybe avoid problems)

i am not familar with your windows versions, for really old windows eg: 98/xp
to connect to samba, you have to set some special (unsave) options
inside the smb.conf:
security = user

lanman auth = Yes
client lanman auth = Yes
client plaintext auth = Yes
(every time you play with this three options this will kill your samba password
- so maybe this has happend when updating????)

and for samba 4.8 and newer (to konnect to windows xp):
ntlm auth = Yes

but as mentioned, these are settings for connecting down to windows 98
and therefore its really unsave - do this only behind a big firewall -
- and i do not think that this is your problem,
except you have told your windows machines using such old settings.

simoN

--
www.becherer.de