Re: [opensuse-support] LEAP 15.0 - logging amavis
  • From: mh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Hirmke)
  • Date: 27 Aug 2018 21:55:00 +0200
Hi again,

Hi *,

starting with openSUSE Leap 15.0 I got a problem with logging from the
amavis daemon.
Before 15.0 amavis logged to /var/spool/amavis/amavis.log, which was
rotated once a day. With 15.0 amavis only logs to syslog despite the
configuration setting "$do_syslog = 0;" in /etc/amavis.conf.
After modifying the amavis.service file and commenting out
"StandardOutput=syslog" I got no logging at all.

nope, I was wrong - that also didn't change anything.
I still get all log entries in the journal/syslog and an empty log file.

Because amavis is logging a lot I don't want my syslog/journal get
flooded, but I want at least a log file to see what is going on.

Any idea?

Thx and bye.
Michael.

--