Re: [opensuse-support] yesterday's update changed xterm font size
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 17:28:24 +0200
Op zondag 19 augustus 2018 17:06:36 CEST schreef Neil Rickert:
On 08/18/2018 11:23 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
I seriously doubt change was unintended or that there is any likelihood of
"reversion". The old configuration dates back decades, to when *nix DPI
was 75, and screens with density much above that were rare. The old
default on a screen of even modest density by today's standards is
extraordinarily tiny[1], entirely illegible to any but those with the
most extraordinary vision on a Retina-class or higher display.

You are probably right.

I have always preferred "xterm" over other terminal emulators, precisely
because it has that nice small text size. So I guess I'll have to keep
that ".Xresources" file around.

Just about anybody else who sees my screen says that everything is far
too small, and looks like ants crawling over the screen. But I like it
this way. I guess my eyes are adapted to small print.
Ever considered yakuake? Configurable re. fonts(ize), hit F12 and it drops
down......

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member