Re: [opensuse-support] yesterday's update changed xterm font size
* Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> [08-19-18 03:39]:
Hi,

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 07:50:28PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
did an update yesterday and rec'd new kernel,
kernel-default-4.17.14-1.2.x86_64, and about 300 other packages. rebooted
for new kernel and now opening xterm provides a large font (unwanted).
<ctrl><rt-click> on <medium> provides original font. what changed that
may have caused this?

If needed I can provide a list of the updated packages.

This change was coming from .... xterm... We made the font a bit bigger.

- xterm-better-fonts.patch: Adjust the defaults fonts a bit so
some chinese letters are displayed better (bsc#1089049)

tks, I guess a possibly a warning and path to return would have been
warranted but that boat has sailed. unexpected changes are always
disconcerting, maybe something is going wrong with system...

tks,