Re: [opensuse-support] yesterday's update changed xterm font size
* Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-19-18 00:26]:
Patrick Shanahan composed on 2018-08-18 21:41 (UTC-0400):

now hope someone can advise (and revert) whatever initiated the change.

I seriously doubt change was unintended or that there is any likelihood of
"reversion". The old configuration dates back decades, to when *nix DPI was
75,
and screens with density much above that were rare. The old default on a
screen
of even modest density by today's standards is extraordinarily tiny[1],
entirely
illegible to any but those with the most extraordinary vision on a
Retina-class
or higher display.

[1] http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Suse/xtermFonts144-201808.gif

well, sitting in front of a 28" screen, the "new" font size is quite huge
and while I have had to wear corrective lenses since I was two years old,
the previous "normal" was sufficient for me, even on the 55" tv 10 feet
away. I would not desire any smaller though except on a lap top with a
15" display.

tks,