[opensuse-support] Re: Adding a new NIC
On 04/08/18 09:54, huw wrote:
Hi everyone

I have recently started dual booting with Windows 7 and encountered a
nasty bug with the Windows driver for my PC's integrated NIC (Realtek)
that is making dual booting an even bigger headache than it already is.
After exhausting the solutions I found online, I've decided to just
order a new NIC and plug it into a spare PCI slot.

The new NIC is made by TP LINK.  Am I being hopelessly optimistic to
assume that when it's plugged in and my ethernet cable connected to it,
it will be automatically detected and configured?  If not, what do I
need to do to use the new NIC?  I am running Tumbleweed and the Plasma
desktop.  Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Huw

For anyone who is interested, this went better than I dared hope.  I've
just installed the NIC and without changing a single thing (in either
Windows or Linux) everything Just Works.  No issues with dual booting at
all and my original problem is solved.

Many thanks to all who replied.

Kind regards,
Huw