Re: [opensuse-support] Adding a new NIC
* huw <huwie@xxxxxxxxxxx> [08-04-18 04:55]:
Hi everyone

I have recently started dual booting with Windows 7 and encountered a
nasty bug with the Windows driver for my PC's integrated NIC (Realtek)
that is making dual booting an even bigger headache than it already is.
After exhausting the solutions I found online, I've decided to just
order a new NIC and plug it into a spare PCI slot.

The new NIC is made by TP LINK.  Am I being hopelessly optimistic to
assume that when it's plugged in and my ethernet cable connected to it,
it will be automatically detected and configured?  If not, what do I
need to do to use the new NIC?  I am running Tumbleweed and the Plasma
desktop.  Many thanks in advance.

google for linux suport for the the manufacturer name and the nic model
number. you will get your answer before you get your nic.

*usually* all that is required is to plug in the cable and it is
recognized. that being said, I have never had a problem with an ethernet
nic. not always the case with wifi, but much better the last several
years.

gud luk,