[opensuse-support] Adding a new NIC
Hi everyone

I have recently started dual booting with Windows 7 and encountered a
nasty bug with the Windows driver for my PC's integrated NIC (Realtek)
that is making dual booting an even bigger headache than it already is.
After exhausting the solutions I found online, I've decided to just
order a new NIC and plug it into a spare PCI slot.

The new NIC is made by TP LINK.  Am I being hopelessly optimistic to
assume that when it's plugged in and my ethernet cable connected to it,
it will be automatically detected and configured?  If not, what do I
need to do to use the new NIC?  I am running Tumbleweed and the Plasma
desktop.  Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Huw

< Previous Next >