Re: [opensuse-support] kmail problems with akonadi
  • From: Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 08:07:05 +0100
On Wednesday, 1 August 2018 03:19:27 BST Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
After a period of kmail running smoothly I get some mails that cannot be
deleted. After trying out without much success cleaning up kmail with
akonadictl fsck(, vacuum and restart ) without any visible effect.
I have found that deleting the affected folders and adding those folders
with
a slightly different written folder name gives me a clean kmail for a certain
period of time.
I have the feeling that there must be a better solution especial after I have
gotten two emails in the inbox that will not be deleted. Inbox is one of the
folders that cannot be deleted.

Do not know if the result of akonadictl restart gives a clue to my particular
problem but the end of the command stops with following text and have to be
stopped with Ctrl C.

Another observation, akonadictl vacuum races through the command as fast as
the fsck command even as there is a warning that:
vacuuming database, that'll take some time and require a lot of temporary
disk
space...

akonadictl restart
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
QDBusConnection: name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control' had owner '' but we
thought it was ':1.1136'
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol:
"AgentManager::agentInstanceSynchronizeCollection"
Agent instance "akonadi_maildir_resource_0" has no resource interface!
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: "Cannot connect to agent instance with identifier
'akonadi_maildir_resource_0', error message: ''"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: "Cannot connect to agent instance with identifier
'akonadi_maildir_resource_0', error message: ''"

Have you tried the opensuse kmail "failed migration" strategy i.e. delete the
akonadi folder (plus a few other things) and let everything rebuild?
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/pim/kmail2/clean-start-after-a-failed-migration.html
And report as a bug?

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180726
Qt: 5.11.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.48.0 - KDE Plasma: 5.13.3 - kwin 5.13.3