Re: [opensuse-support] dracut seems to hang. SOLVED
On 07/24/2018, 05:57 AM, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:44:12 AM WIB Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op maandag 23 juli 2018 19:34:53 CEST schreef Constant Brouerius van Nidek:
During my zypper dup in order to download the latest snapshot installing
went well up to "(63/197) Installing: kernel-default-4.17.7-1.3.x86_64
..100%>[-]."

Than it stopped and has not moved an inch leaving me with an unfinished
update.
I was expecting the dracut information but that does not seem to come (one
hour now) and I will keep it in this state untill I get some help and
instructions on how to proceed.

I did see it take quite a while to finish the postinstall scripts, went for
some shopping, to find out it had finished on my return. Two packages seemed
to be involved, i.e. dbus and kernel-default.
You could force a reinstall of both to trigger the postinstall scripts.

Had my 7 hour sleep, went shopping (4 hour) and after my return the zypper
duo
had nicely finished. This took longer than expected (between 8 and 12 hours) .
Really hope it is an exception ;).

Ugh. This is a genuine bug. Could you paste ps axuf output when this
happens again?

thanks,
--
js