Re: [opensuse-support] dracut seems to hang. SOLVED
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:18:12 +0200
On mardi, 24 juillet 2018 05.57:56 h CEST Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:44:12 AM WIB Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op maandag 23 juli 2018 19:34:53 CEST schreef Constant Brouerius van
Nidek:
During my zypper dup in order to download the latest snapshot installing
went well up to "(63/197) Installing: kernel-default-4.17.7-1.3.x86_64
..100%>[-]."

Than it stopped and has not moved an inch leaving me with an unfinished
update.
I was expecting the dracut information but that does not seem to come
(one
hour now) and I will keep it in this state untill I get some help and
instructions on how to proceed.

I did see it take quite a while to finish the postinstall scripts, went
for
some shopping, to find out it had finished on my return. Two packages
seemed to be involved, i.e. dbus and kernel-default.
You could force a reinstall of both to trigger the postinstall scripts.

Had my 7 hour sleep, went shopping (4 hour) and after my return the zypper
duo had nicely finished. This took longer than expected (between 8 and 12
hours) . Really hope it is an exception ;).

A rought guess, how much different kernel you have installed.
There's an initrd generation for each could be one of the long run you see ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch