[opensuse-support] boot priority on (Intel) iMac
I installed 15.0 on a previously virgin HD, partitioning in advance, and
directing openSUSE which partitions to use for what. Good so far. Then I
installed Snow Leopard. It wrested boot away from 15.0, so I installed rEFInd on
the OS X system partition. That worked as advertised with no fuss necessary,
allowing selection among OS X, 15.0, shutdown, reboot, and more that I don't
remember. Then I ran YaST2 bootloader to see what would happen. Sure enough, it:

1-usurped control from rEFInd, and
2-omitted OS X from among the Grub2 menu choices.

I used efibootmgr to reset the order:

# efibootmgr
BootCurrent: 0000
BootOrder: 0000,0001
Boot0000* opensuse
Boot0001* rEFInd Goot Manager
Boot0080* Mac OS X
BootFFFF*
# efibootmgr -o 0001,0000
BootCurrent: 0000
BootOrder: 0001,0000
Boot0000* opensuse
Boot0001* rEFInd Goot Manager
Boot0080* Mac OS X
BootFFFF*

but Grub still shows up instead of rEFInd on reboot.

There is no BIOS to change boot order on Mactel. What can be done to prevent
openSUSE from stealing boot control from rEFInd?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/