Re: [opensuse-support] Just how crippled is 15.0 DVD rescue boot known to be?
Note:  This one doesn't start on AMD Ryzen systems.

On 12-07-18 10:21, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-07-12 06:32, Felix Miata wrote:
I selected rescue from DVD boot to try to fix a corrupted EFI configuration
after
installing OS X added another EFI system partition, which along with the rest of
installed OS X partitions I deleted, then recreated to my specifications. I
expected
a GUI, but didn't get one.
If you are talking about the rescue system included in the installation
DVD, that one is a small text only Linux system.

However, there is a "Live rescue CD" at
<https://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.0/live/>, and this
one should be a full blown XFCE system, designed for usb sticks.

On boot with manually typed grub stanza I changed the Grub timeout in YaST2,
which
inexplicably created a new initrd identical to the existing one, but did fix HD
booting at least until I install OS X again.
Changing the grub2 timeout in yast is known to force writing it all
again to disk ;-)